Monday, January 31, 2011

Learning Profile

As a Logic learner with a CC learning profile,

I learn best when
I sit on the left side of class a few rows back because I can hear better from my right ear, therefore, I am able to hear my teachers and peers with an advantage. This will help me in my learning because I will have a clearer understanding of instructions from the teachers, and I will be able to go through the process easily. I will also be able to hear my peers' questions, answers, comments, and participate in discussions. If I do this, it will save me the worrying of not hearing a task and I will have more access to the class that will help me with my work and knowledge.

I need to try look at information and images in my head from their whole perspective so I can see the bigger meaning, theme, idea of the subject. I also need to explore and discover emotions I might have, movement and ambiguity. This is because I, as a logic thinker, see the small details before seeing the big picture, and to be able to understand the deeper meaning, I have to see the bigger picture to understand the subject with clarity. I need to explore and discover my emotions so that I know how I might feel about the subject, if I have struggles with comprehending it so I can ask my teachers about it so I won't have to feel that way.

The strategies that would help me in my learning are Lazy 8's from Brain Gym, 3-dimensional art, blinking while tracking all around the edge of object, as well as cross-lateral foot play like cross-crawl, walking, soccer, dancing, and martial arts like Tai Chi. Positive, enjoyable experiences will help my learning expand and broaden to allow imagination, creativity and intuitive self-observation be a part of my learning. I need to allow my head to broaden and allow more ideas to come in, as well as become more flexible as a learner and to not stop when I think something is too hard for me to accomplish. If I can do that, I can do anything. With Lazy 8's and the exercises stated above, I can access my right side of my brain - which is Gestalt, and I can operate my brain with double its access.

I would like my teachers to know that I try hard in class and almost always follow the instructions - but sometimes that limits me from going further in my thinking than what is expected of me, so I need a push in class to do that extra part that will take me far in life if I start now. I am also a pretty good leader but I need to be more flexible with my ideas so that my team mates can contribute as well, instead of it being all me, but I think that I have started learning to ask about their opinions and making them open up about the task, instead of it being all me.

No comments: